Riviera bath

The second Poreč bath called Bagno Riviera (also called San Spirito) was built in 1910 in a bay on the south side of the city. The bathing area was dominated by a wooden structure with 24 cabins, which initially had a separate bathing system for men and women with children. The bath was about 700 m away from the city port and it could be reached by boat in 4-5 minutes. The bath could also be reached by the arranged promenade by the sea. Initially, it was primarily intended for guests from the Riviera Hotel and its dependance the Venezia Hotel, both owned by the Klein family.

Over the years the wooden bathing structure collapsed and a new bathing structure was built and inaugurated along with an expanded bathing and sunbathing area in 1940 called Bagno Savoia. The bathing area was then equipped with free-standing outdoor changing cabins as well as additional bathing equipment (ski jump).

Copyright, Zavičajni muzej Poreštine - Museo del territorio parentino

Add to favorites Remove from favorites