6. The porch

The porch on the upper floor of the Episcopal Palace displaying sculpture fragments from Antiquity and Early Christian periods dating from 2nd until 6th centuries. The Palace was used by Parentium bishops as their living and working residence for 1400 years. During this period, it undewent numerous reconstructions and adaptations only to be released to researchers and conservators in 2001, who have succeeded, for the most part, in restoring its original appearance. The appearance of the current porch stems from the late 17th c., from the time of Bishop Mazzoleni who also commissioned the erection of the elegant stairway.